Monday 1 January 2018

Ignoring the critics and doing what you love

3 works in progress, oil & coldwax on wood
Going forward into the new year brings heaps of new things for most people, and I'm certainly no exception.  I've got so much to be thankful /grateful for.  Most importantly my family... but also for my art practice. 

I love, love, love, to make art that feeds my soul.   This means tuning into what I love, exploring possibilities, embracing risk and yes...pretty much ignoring what others think.  It's not like I don't hear what others think, I do...but I prefer them in the back seat(or the trunk) while I do the driving.
2017 has been an exceptional year as I fit changes into my lifestyle that in turn effect my art. Moving, a ton of traveling, and consequently, loss of studio space and time has forced me to find new solutions to make my painting practice work for me. Basically, size and process's change according to the spaces. For example small space; smaller works, new larger shared studio space...well, we'll see now wont we? heh.
Thank you to all my clients and friends who have supported and encouraged my art over this past year and made 2017 an excellent year for me.  I'm excited to see what 2018 holds!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning work Sally! I'm inspired. I have an unopned can of coldwax just waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your comment Hennie! Yes coldwax opens all kinds of possibilities that I am having fun exploring with.

      Delete

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...